14 maart 2011

Chewing coca leaves

It was 6 am in the morning and pitch dark, when I left my hotel room to go to the biggest carnival in Bolivia in Oruro (4 hours in bus from la Paz). I didn't see the stairs and I fell all the way down, making a hell of a noise. It hurt like hell, but luckily it turned out to be only a huge bruise.
It was a short carnival for me, because it was difficult to walk or sit and I returned after three hours to La Paz.
My couchsurfing friend advised me to put some coca leaves on my leg. The only way to make them active is to chew them. When I got home in the evening I immediately started chewing leaves. The bruise was huge and I needed a lot of them. It worked great and the bruise definitely did reduce. I only learned that it is better to use them in the morning, because I couldn´t sleep before 4 am that night ...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten