16 mei 2011

Buenos Aires in a rush



Days fly when you are living in a cultural and exciting city like Buenos Aires. I spent the whole month of April in the capital of Argentina to feel and live the life of the Porteños (the Mokumers of Buenos Aires). Many friends told me that I would love this vibrating city of theater and night life. And I must say it was a great experience living a month over there, even though I felt like living in a hurry.

It´s the most cultural city of Latin America and there are so many things to do. I started with classes of salsa, impro lessons, macrame (knotting jewelery), drum lessons and whatever else came on my path... The Argentine people are sweet and have great habits like he ritual of sharing on cup of mate (tea) with there friends, dancing tango on the streets, and expressing their emotions and feelings in theater, music and dance. After two weeks of living thsi busy life it felt like rushing all the time. So I started skipping the salsa classes, classes of macrame and in the end also the impro lessons. And I put my focus on the tambor alegre (Colombian drum) lessons, because I was enjoying that the most. That was exactly how Buenos Aires and the Porteños felt for me. -Life goes so fast and there are so many things to do, that you forget to take a break and enjoy a good conversation-.
It all felt felt a little superficial. After seeing so many cultures, beautiful nature, countries the last year I guess I was withdrawn from the vibrating city nightlife. (I hope I survive Amsterdam when I return in one month ;))

The last weeks I spend a lot of time with my Colombian friend Santiago, who was living there since one week. We bumped into each other in the streets of this capital of 13 million residents and had some great conversations.
In the last week I decided to make a trip to the mountains and see some of Argentina's great nature. It´s such a big country that you have to travel at least 10 hours in bus to find mountains. I took a night bus to Cordoba to see some condors. The condor is the king of the sky for the indigenous people of Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Colombia. Santiago told me that it was one of the only places worldwide were you could see the condors (3 meters wingspan) just above your head. I went to this beautiful place without any other tourists. And stayed all alone in a mountain hut in Cerro Blanco in the Cordoba district in the middle of nowhere. After an ice cold skinny dip in a crystal lake between a canon, I made a hike to the highest mountain rock I could find, sat down and started to sing a song I learned from a shaman. "Vuela vuela condor". And after a while two huge condors circled just above my head. Amazing! It was so impressed by the birds that I failed making a good picture.





For the last part of my one and a half year trip I decided to go back to Colombia, where I have my flight from Bogotá on the 22 of june and enjoy those last 5 weeks to the fullest with my Colombian friends in this beauiful country.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten